Before The Flood

12:16:00


I have always been very enthusiastic about Leonardo Dicaprio’s work and I was very much looking forward to see this documentary. I was sure he would show an interesting point of view. Climate Change affects us all and from my point of view, our knowledge of the matter is minimum.

Before The Flood is a documentary made for National Geographic and it is directed by Fisher Stevens. The documentary has been streaming for free since the end of October on their website www.beforetheflood.com and also on National Geographic's YouTube channel. Leonardo DiCaprio is the producer of this documentary and he is also presenting it. He is known for famous movies like Titanic and Last year he finally won the Oscar for Best Actor in a Drama Motion Picture for The Revenant which has things in common with this documentary. Both of them show us the consequences of men on nature. The story of the movie takes place in 1800 and the documentary was recorded last year.

Before The Flood is a look at how climate change has affected and it is still affecting our environment and what society can do to prevent the future effects that are about to come. The truth is that not only the human population will suffer these negative effects but also the endangered species and the ecosystems across the planet.

Leonardo DiCaprio has been trying to spread awareness of this important matter which is gradually getting worse. He interviewed very influential people for this documentary such as Barak Obama, John Kerry and The Pope Francis. These conversations were settled during the United Nations Climate Change Conference which took place in Paris in 2015.

In my opinion this documentary is a must watch for everyone and I also think it would be interesting to screen it in schools and universities. People need to understand what Climate Change is and why it is so important for the future of our planet. I realized that we are not well informed about this problem and we only see the tip of the iceberg. Consequently, because of this misinformation, they don’t know how to contribute to stop the global warming. I myself tried to get informed about it and I genuinely thought I was doing everything I could to help the planet however while watching I realized I can do much more. I am mostly vegetarian although I eat fish and chicken but I have decided to stop eating chicken after watching the documentary. It is not a huge action but it will help reduce my CO2 emissions.

Last but not least, I am going to stop buying products from the companies which are burning down the forest in Indonesia to get palm oil. So, consequently, I am not going to eat Doritos and Quarter Oats ever again.

When I finished watching the documentary I was feeling hopeless because we actually can’t take back all the damage that we already have caused. Eventually I felt the need to do whatever I can to try to change our fate and this is definitely what I’m going to do.

I wanted to quote a  part of Leo’s speech in Paris and I would like to encourage people to think about these words whenever they fell they can do anything else to help the planet:


“The world is now watching. You will either be lauded by future generations or vilified by them. You are the last best hope of Earth. We ask you to protect it or we, and all living things we cherish, are history”.

You Might Also Like

1 comentarios

  1. Good job, babe! Might I suggest: add direct links to where people can watch the documentary! When there's direct access to the documentary, people might be more likely to click it and watch it!

    ResponderEliminar